Before we can start treating anything, and before you can start healing, it is critical to get an overview of your base-line gut health.
Functional tests we recommend for gut health
At BNWC we recommend functional testing, and to determine the state of your gut we recommend a functional test called a stool analysis.
Doctor’s Data Stool Test
The stool analysis we prefer is a Doctor’s Data Stool Test. Doctor’s Data use state-of-the-art MALDI-TOF testing, which is a technology for microbial identification and diagnosis. You can view the Doctor’s Data video here on how to collect your stool sample!
What does a stool analysis tell us?
It tells us about a few things, including:
- Your prebiotic state (are you having enough fibre?)
- Enzyme activity (your ability to break down your food)
- If you are absorbing your nutrients correctly
- Parasite or worm burdens
- Inflammation of your gut
- Imbalances of your gut bacteria (good vs. bad), including yeast overgrowth
- Overgrowth of pathogenic (i.e. really bad) bacteria
Once we know about your gut health, we can recommend the appropriate treatment, thus eliminating unnecessary guess work and band-aid solutions.
Okay, not that kind of stool!