Turmeric (Curcumin) is arguable one of the most powerful herbs on the planet at fighting and potentially reversing disease. There have been over 6000 studies on curcumin for its health benefits which include, anti inflammatory, antioxidant, antimicrobial and brain boosting properties.
Curcumin reduces inflammation and oxidation (as discussed above), which are also important in heart disease. In one study, 121 patients who were undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery were randomized to either placebo or 4 grams of curcumin per day, a few days before and after the surgery. The curcumin group had a 65% decreased risk of experiencing a heart attack in the hospital.
Want to add a bit more turmeric into your diet? Try our Turmeric heart & tummy bark.
All you will need is:
· 1/3 Cup Organic Slivered Almonds (or nuts/seeds of choice)
· 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
· 1/4 Cup Coconut Butter
· 1 Tbs Pure organic maple syrup or stevia to tase
· 1 Tsp Organic Turmeric powder
· Pinch of Black Pepper ( for turmeric absorption)
· Pinch of Vanilla Bean Powder
· Line a tray with baking paper
· Blend all the ingredients together apart from the almonds
· Stir in the almonds
· Spoon the mixture into the tray and freeze for 15 mins until set
· Now have fun with them! The best part of this recipe is breaking them into handy pieces and bite-sized snacks.
· Best served straight from freezer!