- 100gm soft coconut oil or 120 gm soft organic butter
- 6 medjool dates pitted (if using dried dates, use a couple more and pre-soak for 20mins before hand in boiling water)
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 3/4-cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter or puree
- 1 cup gluten free self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1⁄2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cloves
- 1tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Juice of 1 small orange (4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional, alcohol will burn off during cooking)
- 1 cup sultanas
Blender or food processor 12-hole muffin tray, greased with coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place all ingredients except for sultanas in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high for 1 minute or until mixed well.
- Add sultanas and stir through with a spoon until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tray by placing 2-3 tablespoons of mixture per muffin hole. Ensure each hole is at least 3⁄4 full of mixture.
- Bang tray down on a hard surface to remove any air bubbles in each muffin, and to help smooth them down.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Check if cooked through by inserting a wooden skewer into the centre of the muffin, if it comes out clean it is cooked through
- Remove from oven allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve once cooled.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Recipe curtesy of the Roar Foodie