Mary-Leigh is a qualified nutritional medicine practitioner and lifestyle coach that provides personalised, therapeutic, nutritional and lifestyle solutions to busy professionals, executives and business owners. Along with her degree in Nutritional Medicine, she also holds qualifications in Applied Social Science, Executive Coaching, and Integrative Nutrition. She has a diverse background that includes care and protection social work, human resources and organisational management, executive and career coaching, and organisational change management.
Nutritional medicine is a holistic, patient-centred, evidence-based approach to the management and prevention of chronic disease. It is underpinned by biological and social sciences including anatomy, physiology, nutritional biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology, psychology and counselling.
When working with client’s Mary-Leigh looks beyond just food, sleep and exercise. Her approach incorporates ancient wisdom, traditional healing and cutting edge science; it is an integrative mind-body-environment approach. She believes that we operate as one part of an intricately woven community that includes our friends, family, and workplace.
Mary-Leigh is not into fad diets and overnight fixes but if you have questions about popular culture health and wellbeing, she is happy to answer your questions and provide you with personalised advice.
- Using a combination of nutritional medicine and lifestyle management, Mary-Leigh supports a variety of acute and chronic health conditions and her areas of clinical interest include:
- Stress, mood, and sleep disorders such as depression, anxiety, executive burnout, OCD, alcoholism, chronic fatigue, insomnia, adrenal disorders, and fibromyalgia.
- Metabolic syndrome disorders and cardiovascular disease including type 2 diabetes, weight management, impaired glucose tolerance/insulin resistance, cholesterol & triglyceride issues, and hypertension/hypotension.
- Digestive disorders including heartburn or reflux (GORD/GERD), IBS, SIBO, hypochlorhydria, peptic ulcer, constipation/diarrhoea, and haemorrhoids.
- Immune conditions including allergies, food intolerance and environmental sensitivities such as acne, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, urticaria, hives, angioedema, hay fever, postnasal drip, nasal congestion, breathing issues, fatigue, glandular fever/Epstein Barr, herpes, shingles, warts, and candida.
- Fatigue states including chronic fatigue, post viral fatigue, adrenal fatigue, fibromyalgia, stress maladaptation, burnout, and mitochondrial dysfunction.
- Women’s health including nutritional management of PCOS, PMS, endometriosis, peri-menopause, and menopause.
- Weight management and dietary planning.
Mary-Leigh is registered with the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS).
* Health fund rebates may be available through selected funds.
Bookings: Online bookings for Mary-Leigh Scheerhoorn