These gluten, dairy and refined sugar free pancakes curtesy of the Roar Foodie are sure to be a hit with the family this Easter long weekend.
Serves up to 6 people
- 50 grams coconut oil
- 2 free range eggs
- 250 grams of coconut milk
- 200 grams of gluten free self raising flour
- 80 grams rice malt syrup
- banana, choc chips and marshmallows for decorating
Blender or food processor Non-stick fry pan Spatula to flip pancakes
1. Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until well combined. 2. Place large fry pan on stove-top and heat on medium.
3. In fry pan, melt one tablespoon of coconut oil.
4. Pour batter mixture in shapes needed to create your desired eater character 5. Wait for bubbles to appear before flipping. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
6. Turn out onto serving plate and decorate with sliced fresh banana, choc chips and marshmallows.
7. Serve with maple syrup.
Be creative and use whatever fruits, vegetables or healthy treats you may have in the fridge or pantry to decorate your Easter character pancakes.