Anything from lack of energy to weight gain to allergies to premature aging to mood swings to chronic disease could be due to issues in your gut.
Modern society is not a very gut-friendly place. There are toxins everywhere and the gut loves to soak them up.
Thankfully, getting your gut back to its optimal health isn’t difficult. There are two major things you can do:
- Take a strong probiotic. Probiotics work to fill your gut with good bacteria which is especially important in this antibiotic age. If you take anything every morning, take a probiotic.
- Chew, chew, chew. This is one of the simplest yet more difficult tips for people to take on. Chewing your food, and I mean really chewing it gives your body the chance to digest the food fully. Take time to slow down at meals. Sit at a table, use real silverware, turn off your phone and chew everything until it’s nearly liquid. Shovelling healthy food into your mouth isn’t healthy.
- Let’s talk about juice. This juice will help keep your gut in balance.
- 1/2 fennel bulb: a natural diuretic that aids in digestion and also helps with kidney or bladder troubles and fluid retention. It also is a great energy booster.
- 1 cucumber: a natural diuretic, reduces inflammation, relieves stomach acid and provides soothing cleansing effect.
- 1 apple: lower your risk for constipation and remove toxins from the intestines. They also maintain liver function and improve digestion.
- 2 celery stalks: aid in bowel movements, promote healthy kidney function and detoxes the body.
- 1 lime: stimulates digestion, eliminates toxins and purifies the liver and other organs.
- 1 inch piece ginger: a digestive superfood great for stimulating healthy digestion. It soothes the stomach and helps the body digest everything properly.
- 1 small handful fresh mint leaves: kills microorganisms that are associated with digestive issues, treats IBS, stops cramping, soothes digestion.
- 2 oz. aloe vera: contains enzymes, minerals, anti-microbial and amino acids that aid in digestion, reduce inflammation and helps cleanse and soothe the body.
Juice all these ingredients except for aloe vera (stir that into the juiced ingredients) for a really fabulous digestion tonic that will leave your tummy pretty happy. Ideally, you pop a probiotic and chase it down with this juice.